- Why this Privacy Notice is important to 'You', 'Your'.
- UK Data Protection Law.
- Who We are - 'We', 'Us', 'Our'.
- Our ethos.
- What information do we hold about You and how do we collect it?
This Privacy Notice is important because it explains to You how we may use the personal Information We collect and hold about You. Should you have any questions about this Privacy Notice please see the contact details at the bottom of the Notice.
Throughout this Privacy Notice we will talk about UK Data Protection Law, this predominantly means the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as well as the EU GDPR regulations which came into force on 25th May 2018.
The Original Data Company Ltd is a company registered in England & Wales under company number 09509986. Our registered office is: Suite 2013, Letraset Building, Wotton Road, Ashford, Kent, TN23 6LN. The Original Data Company Ltd are Data Controllers of the Personal Information held about You and accordingly are registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner (ICO) under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is ZA116547.
Our Data Protection Officer is Paul Golding. He can be contacted by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Write to: The Data Protection Officer, The Original Data Company Ltd, Suite 2013, Letraset Building, Wotton Road, Ashford, Kent, TN23 6LN.
We want this Privacy Notice to be honest, open and transparent because We know that Your privacy, and the protection of Your Personal Information is important to You. We take every reasonable precaution to ensure compliance with UK Data Protection Law. Further information about Your rights under UK Data Protection Law is available from the Office of the Information Commissioners (ICO) Website. If You wish to find out more please visit: www.ico.org.uk. We do not want to collect or hold any Personal Information about You that You do not wish or intend to give. That is why it is important that You read this Privacy Notice carefully.
- Information you give Us. This may arise from you filling in forms on Our site www.theoriginaldatacompany.com (our site) or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information You provide when You complete Our Unsubscribe form or Data-Protection-Enquiry/Subject-Access-Request (SAR) form. The information You give Us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information You give Us in relation to Business transactions, which You carry out with Us. This will include Your general business enquiries, counts and information enabling us to fulfil Your orders (Sales) or for Us to buy products or services from You (Purchases). The information You give Us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number as well as Financial Information.
- Information We receive from other sources. We may receive information about You if You use any of the other websites we operate or the other services We provide. In this case we will have informed You when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about You from them.
The data that We collect from You or about You will be stored within the European Economic Area ("EEA") and will not be transferred outside the EEA unless we have your explicit consent to such transfer and storage. In any event, Your data will only ever be transferred to organisations where an approved code of practice in relation to data protection is adopted. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. We use a variety of physical and network security technologies and procedures to help protect Your information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. We also operate stringent people processes which means that only a limited number of people in Our organisation have access to the information We hold. We have established procedures to cope with events that happen that are beyond Our control. We are also certified as meeting the requirements of ISO 27001:2013.
We use Your personal information to:
- to unsubscribe You from Our databases;
- to add You to Our suppression file/Do not contact file;
- providing that You have given to us the necessary consent, to provide You with information about goods and services We offer;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to carry out Our day to day business with You including in the fulfilment of orders You may place with Us or that we may place with You;
- to communicate with You about an enquiry You may have made.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information You give to Us and information We collect about You. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
We may share Your personal information with:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or You. This may include the details You have given to Unsubscribe so that they can also Unsubscribe You.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share Your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Original Data Company Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of Your information at any time. This includes the right to withdraw processing based on legitimate interests.
You have the right to be forgotten / total erasure. This gives You the right to request Your information be removed completely. We would not recommend this but would strongly suggest the action referred to above in point 10 as complete erasure of Your data could lead to Us loading Your information again.
You have the right to know what Personal Information We hold about You on Our database. If You would like to know more about this process and what We need from You to meet Your request please follow the link here.
You have the right to request that Your data be transmitted directly to another data controller (Known as right to data portability).
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if You are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your complaint: The Information Commissioners Office
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The table below explains the cookies we use, why we use them, and how to change your cookie settings.
Essential cookies are required for normal operations of a website, for example submitting a form. For non-essential cookies, the basic operations of a website could function without them but some features would be missing. First party cookies are cookies which relate to the website you are visiting, whilst third party cookies may carry information with you as you visit other websites.
|Basic website operations|
|PHPSESSID||Used when you submit a form on our website to display related messages back to you on another page. For example to display an error message if the form has been completed incorrectly, or to repeat your submitted information back to you afterwards, and thank you for submitting. We may collect IP addresses from Form submissions (registration or contact forms for example) and in this case we will only use these for identifying and restricting spam or robot submissions to our website. Depending on its content, most form data we collect is cleared from our servers within 2 days, and up to a maximum of 1 month.
This cookie is essential and will not be disabled unless you have disabled cookies entirely in your web browser’s settings.
|Email newsletter analytics|
|Our emails track if you have opened the email, which links you’ve clicked within the email, your IP address and browser type.
You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time from the Remove My Details page, any unsubscribe link on our websites, or the link at the top and/or bottom of our emails.
Email campaign data is deleted within 2 months of sending. Afterwards, the links and tracking for the email will no longer function.
- Disabling cookies
Cookies help you get the most out of our website. However, you may set up your browser to delete or block some or all of them or to notify you when you are sent a cookie.
Further methods for blocking specific cookies are detailed within the table above.
Please remember, if you do delete or block the use of some or all of the cookies described above, some features of our websites, such as submitting forms, will not work and your experience may be affected. If you do not adjust your settings to delete or block cookies, then they will be placed on your browser when you visit our websites. You can adjust your settings at any time.
If The Original Data Company Ltd or any of its assets are acquired by or merged with another entity, your Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets. If We choose to sell or transfer Our assets, We may choose to retain a copy of Your information post sale or merger.
We will occasionally update this Privacy Notice. We will record these changes by posting a notification at the foot of this page. If the changes We make to the Privacy Notice in any way affect Your rights under UK Data Protection Law, especially in relation to how We collect and hold information about You We will contact You to explain the changes and obtain Your permission to do so.
If You have any comments or queries in connection with this Privacy Notice, please contact The Original Data Company Ltd by: Email at email@example.com; or Write to: The Data Protection Officer, The Original Data Company Ltd, Suite 2013, Letraset Building, Wotton Road, Ashford, Kent, TN23 6LN.
If you have any queries or concerns about the data usage please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Notice – Updated 11th June 2018 – Data Protection Act 2018 replaces Data Protection Act 1998 (section 2).
Privacy Notice – Updated 30th April 2018 – Additional rights added to Section 9.